Webinar presenters will find a host of fascinating data points in BrightTALK’s DataLeaks 2013 presentation. Did you know for instance?:
- On average, 90% of the audience has shown up 15% of the way into each webinar. So, if you’ve something interesting to say, best save it until you’re about 20% (one fifth) of the way into your webinar!
- The average webinar duration on BrightTALK is 41.8 minutes, while videos run for just 20.7 minutes on average.
- Webinars about human resources attract the largest audiences, financial services the smallest. Who knew?:
- Webinar viewing is still predominantly a desktop or laptop-based experience. Less than 5% of viewings come from tablets or other mobile devices.
- The average ‘no show’ rate—that’s the percentage of people who pre-register but then never show up to view the content either live or on-demand—is about 32%, up from just 15% in 2008
- Around 40% of people watch a webinar or on-demand video from start to finish. The rest arrive late or leave early.
Great stats to bear in mind while planning your next webinar. See the full data presentation at https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/1166/64245.