What is it?
Helping children stay safe online
Welcome to Internet Safety School, a place where parents, grandparents and carers come to learn as much about growing up in a digital world as their children.
Internet Safety School is a community initiative run by Wild Orange Media where we help parents and carers understand the online world and help make it a safer place for their children.
Look below to review the information we share at Internet Safety School events and access our free resources.
for parents and carers
Useful Links and Resources
See the latest slides shown at Internet Safety School
How to make your home internet safer for kids
Contact CEOP directly to report concerns
Excellent resources and advice from ThinkUKnow
Get Safe Online
Free, unbiased, expert online security advice
Help for your child
Call Childline free on 0800 1111 or click for info
Family safety advice from Google
Family safety advice from Microsoft
- Some feedback we received from parents: “It was talked about enthusiastically afterwards.” “Liked his balance – not told how to do your parenting, but what you could think about and what you could do.” “Non judgemental, raised awareness of what is out there and how to prepare.” “A lot to take on board! Very helpful."
- I’ve twice seen Allister give good, informative talks to the parents at our infant school. He strikes a good balance between providing information about the types of interaction digital connectivity enables and providing workable and sensible risk reduction strategies.
- This is a presentation that EVERY parent and carer needs to see at least once! Delivered in layman’s terms, hugely informative and engaging, I can’t recommend this session highly enough. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend this presentation.
- No parent should switch on their internet at home without listening to this talk. Allister suggests a new way of e-parenting that we all need to learn. His talk lets you know what’s out there that your children may already be aware of, and what to do at home to keep your children safe online. Schools talk to children about what they should do if they stumble across something that worries them online. Allister’s there to help the grown-ups learn as well.
- Allister offered to lead a presentation to parents on Internet Safety. I am extremely glad it took up his offer. The school gets quite a lot of parental concerns about social networking etc. He addressed them in an engaging and balanced way and the school has received outstanding feedback.
- Allister’s presentation on internet safety was informative, accessible and entertaining. The advice was invaluable as well as realistic, fully taking into account the way families live now and the way young people use interactive media. The feedback we have had from the parents who attended has been overwhelmingly positive!